Monday, June 9, 2008

Time to go home

Its been 194 days. Winter, Spring and now whats meant to be summer. I have skied Whistler Blackcomb for over 130 of those days. Worked for Whistler Kids. Shadowed Ski Patrol. Travelled to Hawaii. Seen Vancouver Island. Lived for a short while in Vancouver.

I sit watching Jerry Springer, peering at vertical lines of never ending rain, falling through horizontal slants of grey light. Feeling perpendicular, I'm not sure of what to do. My savings have been through almost 7 rounds of beating in a ring of Ultimate Partying. I have somehow to afford a week of never ending boozing and 4 years of promised study.

With the help of friends and a push from dad i decide that the best thing to do is come home and make some Sterling, flipping burgers or anything that comes my way. It will be fun anyhow, half price food and booze. Or it shall appear so anyway. It seems the norm to organize some sort of social event when one gets home after a few weeks away, so i get to it. I set up a Facebook group and look forward to 12 hours of drinking in the Fish.

My friend wants to make some quiche tonight, which I'm totally excited about. If its as good as the rest of her cooking, this will be some pie. So i offer to go get the ingredients. Well 10 minutes later I'm on my bike on 44th. Soaked. Woopee this is fun. There's a spray of water coming from the front tire which seems intent on me swallowing it and a shower of crap from the back. Feeling fresh I'm on my way home now trying not to break any eggs.

No comments: